April 30 – May 1, 2019 MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
Where CREATIVE MINDS CONNECT
FOR INVENTORS + FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN INNOVATION
Exhibitors show off their inventions to the public and product scouts and inventors, curious cats, students, or anyone interested in inventing or seeing new products are invited to attend.
If you are inspired by Innovation, Networking, Showcases, Product Pitches, Inventions, Resources and Expertise, then this is the place to be! Call 507.627.2344 or 800.468.3681 for more information.
A business to business expo where the public is highly encouraged to attend! General Admission is available to see the inventions on display.
Inspire™, 2019 Innovation Expo, is the 58th annual event hosted by the Minnesota Inventors Congress. Since 1958, inventors from across the country have set up in a traditional trade show format to test market their latest products at the oldest annual invention convention in the world. If networking and exposure for your product are what you’re looking for, Inspire is THE place to be!
Inventor and vendor exhibitors
1. Download Exhibitor Information here Review this document before you start the registration process.
2. Click here to register for the expo or download the form!
General admission, Workshop packages and Banquet tickets:
Please call the office if you have any questions – 507.627.2344 or 800.468.3681 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expo General Admission: $10; 6-12 $5; under 6 Free.
- Workshop Packages: $40 per day or $65 for two days. Expo admission included.
- Award Dinner Tickets: $42
Thursday, April 30, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Expo hours – doors open to the public.
* Inventing Success Workshops Hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Check out the current list of Workshop Titles and Speakers.
Check back often for updates! Speaker Bios (4.26.2019)
MIC Exhibits open to the public. MIC Stage. the Jump$tart Stage, all floor activities and presentations, during expo hours, are included with the general admission ticket. Held in the Minneapolis Convention Center in Hall E.
Special Attraction. Meet Scott Olson, the inventor of the Rollerblades and SkyRide Technology (as seen on Shark Tank.) Challenge him to a game of Kong Pong.
- 10:10 a.m.: Small Stuff, Big Deal (Grades 3-8) presented by The Bakken Museum on the MIC Stage. Sponsored by Patterson Thuente Pedersen PA. The nanoscale describes things in our universe that are very small, but just how small are we talking? And if these things are so small, why do we concern ourselves with them? Considered to be the cutting edge of STEM research today, nanoscience explores some very little things that may have a very big impact on our lives. Students will see and participate in exciting and surprising demonstrations and experiments that encourage them to consider both the power and the potential problems with this frontier of discovery.
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Pitch the Pros Panels. MIC Jump$tart Stage. See below for more information.
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Inventors Resource Center Consultant Corner. United States Patent and Trademark Office; MN office of the Small Business Administration, SCORE; MN Intellectual Property Law Association; United Inventors Association; MN LegalCORPS Inventor Assistance Program; and the William Mitchell College of Law, Upper Midwest Patent Assistance Program; MN DEED: Angel Tax Credit Program and others.
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. High Tech Kids – High Tech Kids provides project-based STEM learning programs for students aged 9 to 18 through their FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge and Renewable Energy Challenge programs.
And our one of a kind Invention Creation Station. Featuring hands on activities for kids.
- 12:00 p.m. Muskie Tank – Student Finalists who entered the Century College Muskie Tank will pitch their business plan to the audience. The audience will vote on their favorite. See if your vote matches the judge’s selections. Jump$tart Stage. Thursday only.
- 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: William Mitchell College of Law Intellectual Property Law Clinic. Free consultations. Drop In Center. WMCL Intellectual Property Law Students are offering a free half hour session for you to discuss your patent, trademark and copyright questions.
- 12 p.m.: 3M Visiting Wizards present: Science is Fun on the MIC stage. Thursday only.
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. New Design Corner, hosted by Enhance Product Development. See below for more information. Stop by the booth to sign up!
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Student Inventors Exhibits. Don’t miss this opportunity to encourage our youth to be innovative.
- 2:00 p.m.: Pixel Power: More than a Trillion! Hosted by Daktronics. The Physics of Light, Light Design, Technology – LEDs, Pixel Perspective, Design – Solving problems with engineering. Question and Answers.
- 2:30 p.m.: Student Inventors Closing Ceremony (MIC stage)
- 6:30 p.m.: Awards Dinner & Minnesota Inventors Hall of Fame Inductee Ceremony (Social Hour 6:30 p.m., Dinner 7:00 p.m.) *$42.00. Order your tickets through the link at the top of this page, through Ticket-e-Split. The public is welcome to purchase tickets to attend the banquet. This event will be held in Room 211 at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
*Inventing Success Workshops. Additional fees apply.
*General Admission Fee or Exhibitor Fee required for all events on the show floor.
Workshop Packages available for either Thursday or Friday or for both days. These packages include expo admission.
PLEASE NOTE: SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
10:30 – 2:30 Confirmed speaker bios: Inspire 2019 Pitch Panel Bios
Inventors, innovators and idea creators don’t miss the “Pitch the Pros” opportunity being held during the nationally-renowned Minnesota Inventors Congress’ Inspire, 2019 Innovation Expo. Sponsored by the United Inventors Association, the “Pitch the Pros” panel gives inventors the opportunity to practice, refine and gather feedback on their products from national product scouts – and potentially secure real licensing opportunities.
Inventors interested in pitching the experts must first submit their new consumer product entries for formal review and selection by April 10, 2019. Up to 20 inventors, each day, will be selected to pitch their inventions in 4-5 minutes to the expert panel, and receive feedback on the spot. This will take place on the show floor.
Exhibitors showcasing a consumer goods product at Inspire will be given a priority status in the selection process.
The 2019 Inspire “Pitch the Pros” national product development experts include:
Warren Tuttle. Outside Contractor and Open Innovation Liaison for Lifetime Brands and Techtronics Industries NA; President, Monashee Marketing.
John Hurley. Merchandiser. AllStar Products Group.
John Cremeans. Direct response expert, My Cool Inventions Radio.
- Michael Antino. Founder and CEO of leading DRTV marketer, Merchant Media.
- Trevor Lambert. President, Enhance Product Development and Lambert and Lambert.
- Carrie Jeske. Inventor; Direct licensee, Will it Launch; Licensing agent, Inventive Ideas.
- Jessica Delich. Licensing agent, Access Innovation Solutions.
01:00 pm – 5:00 pm New Design Corner
Stop by during the show hours to reserve your spot. We will have Industrial Designers from Enhance Product Development in our New Product Design Corner from 1pm-5pm on Thursday April 30th and 1pm-5:00pm Friday May 1st. Industrial Designers from Enhance will be there to provide free 20-minute design consults for any inventor wanting to flesh out their invention concepts. Enhance Product Development (www.enhancepd.com), is based in Minneapolis, and will provide professional “ideation” sketching.
Nondisclosure Agreements will be signed and all designs completed during the consult will be emailed to the inventor. Stop by the booth during expo hours to reserve your spot, as it will be offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
For any questions regarding the New Product Design Corner, please e-mail Enhance at email@example.com or call them toll-free at 877.99.ENHANCE.
*General Admission Fee or Exhibitor Fee required for all events on the show floor.
If you want to learn a little more about what this event is all about take 5 minutes to watch this video with Program Director Deb Hess and New Business Bob. Watch the video now! bob and deb
Frequently Asked Questions
Mouth swab drug tests have gained popularity among those seeking to detect drug use. This is mainly due to the convenience and accessibility of taking a saliva sample rather than urine or blood tests which are more invasive. It is also the test of choice for economic reasons as mouth swabs are less expensive than […]
This article will show you how to beat the odds by following a step by step process on how to pass a drug test while being watched. There are three options to pass while being watched: using synthetic urine with whizzinator, diluting urine, and using detox kits. Using Synthetic Urine with whizzinator What is a […]
Bleach is a chemical compound used in cleaning and laundry to disinfect, sanitize, to remove stains. The main ingredient is sodium hypochlorite. Bleach can be found in liquid and powder forms. It has also been used to contaminate urine samples to pass a drug test. Ingredients A small amount of either liquid or powdered bleach, […]
Midol is an OTC drug that contains three active substances: acetaminophen (500 mg), caffeine (60 mg) and pyrilamine maleate (15 mg). It is used to relieve symptoms related to menstrual periods, such as pain and cramps.  Midol can also be used off-label to help people who have used drugs mentioned above to pass urine […]
Eye drops are a popular ingredient used to contaminate urine samples for drug screenings directly. Ingredients Needed One bottle of eye drops, usually less than ten dollars per bottle Methodology Conceal the bottle of eye drops in your pocket, and when you leave the urine sample, discreetly place a couple of drops of the solution […]
2010 Grand Prize Winner ready to launch product
We couldn’t be more proud to see our 2010 Grand Prize Winner Jovan Palmieri on WCCO-TV last night. He is a shining example of how innovation, connections, and perseverance pay off when trying to get an invention to the marketplace. The BackSafe Guardian will be
available for purchase by fire departments around the country in about a month. Congratulations Jovan! IMGP9343Watch the video: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/03/23/local-firefighter-invents-safer-way-to-back-big-rigs/
Showcase Your Invention at the Inspire™ 2019 Innovation Expo
Showcase Your Invention at the Inspire™ 2019 Innovation Expo and Make Connections to Fuel Product Entry into the Marketplace! Inventors have the opportunity to get their inventions in front of investors, manufacturers, licensing agents, product scouts, and consultants from the US Patent and Trade Office, US Small Business Administration, and LegalCORPS at Inspire, 2019 Innovation Expo, April 30th and May 1st at the Minneapolis Convention Center. [Read More…]
INSPIRE Expo Advertising Opportunities
Important Information for Inventor and Vendor Exhibitors Want even more EXPOSURE? Advertise in the Expo Show Guide! The show guide offers inventors and business professionals the opportunity to reach attendees of the show by promoting information about your products or services. [Read More…]
Video Your Invention
By trade, I am a television producer, but recently an inventor friend asked me for help in producing videos for his products. I must say that I was surprised at how a simple video went a [Read More…]
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS – YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE
We appreciate your continued support.
The United Inventors Association! Thank you for supporting our mission of supporting inventors and innovation.
QUESTIONS? Reach out to US.
Inventors Resource Center
500 Airport Road Suite 211A
Redwood Falls MN 56283
507.627.2344 / 800.468.3681
Inventors Resource Center – 500 Airport Road Suite 211A | Redwood Falls MN 56283
507.627.2344 / 800.468.3681